all about your pretties and pennies and home

Thursday, June 12, 2014

magic

Let me just talk about God's provision for a minute.

1. My pay checks are set up to be about 2 months behind; at the beginning of June I got paid for the work I did in April. Well, in March, we had so much bad weather, coupled with spring break for one of my classes, that I worked about half of my usual hours. I just knew that my May paycheck was going to be half of what I typically get. But guess what? It was maybe 10% less. And that was the month we had a lot to buy for the kids.

2. Just this afternoon I opened my mailbox and lo and behold, I had received a long-lost state tax refund from 2011.

So during this time in our lives, when we are spending a whole lot of money to prepare for kids who aren't our own and who might be with us for mere days, we have been given extra money. You may call that coincidence, but I do not.

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment